Weird Display Crash. Need to know what i might be

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lilith2014, Jun 30, 2011.

1. lilith2014 macrumors newbie

Good Day,

For 2 days I did not use my macbook (sleep mode). When I turned it on, my screen was distorted, like a mozaic (small squares). I restarted it, the chime sounded the gray screen was ok, until the apple logo showed up which also looks distorted.

I can see the mouse moves, sometimes my ipad receives wifi from my mac, but most of the time the spinning loading icon is the only thing looking good.

My macbook is an unicode one (late 2006) with a ATI Mobility Radeon X1600.

*I connected a monitor to see if the screen was damaged but the same mozaic showed up. I think is the graphic card but Im not sure.

Picture attached..

Please help, this is my work and I live in a third world country. Buying a mac is not an option for me.

[​IMG]

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

that is almost certainly the graphics card. fire up the ol' hardware diagnostics tool...

3. lilith2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know what happen but I inserted my disk and I couldnt access to the diagnosis tools. But After a while, my beautiful mac spitted the disk and restarted without any problem.

I am writing you from my mac wiii im so happy!

...but im curious of what happened. The last couple of days was very humid in here, do you think that might messed up the videocard?