Weird Dual Monitor Problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by piggy123, Mar 28, 2010.

1. piggy123 macrumors newbie

Hey all

Loving my Mac pro, got a strange issue with dual monitors though, and i was wondering if anyone could help. I have two identical 24 inch monitors, both running at same resolution ext, but if i put a window in the middle of the two, the window drops down about an inch on the left monitor instead of being level, not really much of an issue i was just wondering if this was a known thing or if there is an easy solution. The left monitor is dvi > hdmi and the right monitor is mini displayport > dvi > hdmi if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance :)

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

There is an adjustment for this in your Displays Preferences. Could that be your problem?

Attached Files:

3. piggy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha thanks very much redwarrior, boy do i feel like a douche.

Slowly but surely getting a hang of the whole mac thing, had it two days after years of running Linux.

Cheers again buddy! :D

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Nah, that's what we're here for. Enjoy your new machine and feel free to ask questions. Most of us actually do like to help!

Dang, I wish I had two 24 inchers! :)

5. piggy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well your in luck if you like to help! I picked up the general jist of things straight away, it's just all the little niggles! Still keep hitting the + key expecting it to be the delete key! And i got two of these and they look stunning;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002MY522I/ref=oss_product

Just need to get another 4870, some 2TB HD's and a really comfy chair and hopefully im sorted for a few years! :cool:

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

At least you're coming from Linux and not Windows. It's been two years for me, and I'm still trying to get all that out of my system. Of course, having family with Windows machines that need maintaining doesn't help much.

You'll get used to it quickly I'm sure. The MacRumors community can be a great resource for you too. Just don't forget to search first. :)