Weird EarPod glitch.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AmazingGraceTx, Jul 16, 2014.

1. AmazingGraceTx macrumors regular

AmazingGraceTx

I have an iPhone 5. I'm thrilled with it. Amazingly, not many glitches with it. It has worked almost flawlessly. The other day, I plugged in my EarPods and what I was hearing wasn't good. The music was playing back like I didn't have the pods plugged in all the way. I pulled them out slightly and the playback was normal. At this point, I was thinking the jack on my phone was either dirty or loose or something. I plugged in some regular ear buds and the playback was also normal.
    I then plugged the EarPods into my daughter's phone, again, normal playback. Her EarPods wouldn't play at all in my phone. Just odd. At this point, I was ready to call and make a Genius Bar appt.
    the last thing I tend to do before calling Apple is to do a reboot. So I did that, and the problem was solved.
    It seemed that it was some kind of software issue. I had never seen a glitch like that before.

2. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

If it happens again, just take them in and explain what's going on. You don't have to make an appointment, just grab someone and they'll exchange it for another pair.