weird ebay item..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bc008, Jul 11, 2008.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Probably.

My guess is that he put in a 500GB Samsung HD, swapped out the processor or Overclocked it, then resealed the package.

3. negatv1 macrumors 6502

I'd hope that the seller actually put in a 500gb and faster processor. Otherwise, it would be downright fraud. Does Apple even do build to order Mini's?

4. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Looks like this Ebay seller is buying them from a third party who upgrades them, kinda like the MacBook Tablet. Might be legitimate, but you'll have NO WARRANTY.

5. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Thats a scary bid due to he only has 18 positive feedback, could be a scam.

6. Demodex macrumors newbie

He has 33 bids on it already. He may be hoping that someone without much computer knowledge or someone who just wants a faster mini will buy it.

7. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

I cannot think of a reason to pay that much (current bid $1,175) for a Mini, especially one that somebody has voided the warranty on by performing an HDD and processor upgrade. A refurbed iMac 2.40 GHz 20" can be had for $1099 or a 2.66Ghz 20" iMac can be had for $1299 right now from Apple with free shipping no less!

8. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

yea he says apple only made a couple of em.. i am looking for a low end mini, and saw this one browsing through listings..

that price is ridiculous!

9. greentree_uk macrumors newbie

looks like fraud to me. I always check feedback and what else they are selling. then check what they have sold. finally I check who bought the item and their feedback. so looking at this auction. low feedback. suspect. what else is he selling.. high end mac pro's... what has he sold before. low priced items.. oh and one mac mini. but who bought it.. a guy with 80 feedback of so but with a history of not buying for a while.... this almost certainly not legitimate.