Weird Facebook Message

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dmac77, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else has received the following message on Facebook, or if it a just a bunch of crap.

Subject: urgent

Facebook is recently becoming very overpopulated,there have been many members
    complaining that Facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that the reason is
    that there are too many non-active Facebook members and, on the other side, too
    many new Facebook members.

We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If
    you are active please send to at least 15 other users using Copy+ Paste to show
    that you are still active. *Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks
    will be deleted without hesitation to create more space.*

Send this message to all your friends and to show me that you're still active and
    you will not be deleted.

Founder of Facebook,
    Mark Zuckerberg

Thanks,

Don

2. Lucas111 macrumors newbie

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Spam. I don't use Facebook but I get these all the time on MySpace. Don't worry, they won't delete you.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

ya crap. its one of those fwd things that people think they are funny who make them.

5. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

that is a hoax they can look at logs and server info to see who is active this is a bunch of crap

6. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Mark does not sent personal messages. It would come from the "Facebook Team" or something similar. It is spam.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The poor writing is a dead giveaway.

Learn to spot poor writing and it will save you quite a few headaches.

8. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I got this crap on Hotmail, what, ten years ago? I can't believe people are still stupid enough to forward this ****.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

People will forward ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I've received emails saying "OMG the Gov't want to $$$ for EMAIL!!!" or "For every email sent, Microsoft will give $1 to this blind orphan donkey!". People will believe anything.

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I still get those "forward this to 10 people and get a free Sony Ericsson notebook" and "in August, Mars will be as big as the moon" hoax emails from friends from time to time - despite the fact that they're several years old (in fact, the latter is from 2003...)

I've also gotten that Facebook one, and kind of told the people that sent it to me that they're gullible idiots :p

11. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

if facebook needs to tell you something they will do so in a red box on the top of your homepage..

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

13. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

14. Xavier macrumors 68020

15. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

For some reason I almost did. It probably had something to do with the fact that I had been up for nearly 36 hours when I received it, and it was forwarded to me from someone who never falls for crap like this. I should have realized that this was probably just a joke that my friend pulled on me because it's my birthday. IDK. I feel like an idiot now.

Don

16. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

This guy needs to go back to english class.

17. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

Ah I always remember getting emails via hotmail about having to pay for MSN if you didn't send the said email around.