Weird Factime over 3G problems on iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by isaac65, Oct 16, 2010.

1. isaac65 macrumors member

I was wondering anyone else was experiencing these problems and if so how to fix them.

Today I got 3GUnrestrictor for both my phone and my wife's so we could use Facetime when we're away from the house. It seems to work, but I'm experiencing some problems.

1. When either of the phones are not connected to Wi-Fi they will not receive a direct Facetime call. The other phone will keep ringing, but the receiving phone will not do anything. Later, the receiving phone will show a missed Facetime call in the call log.

2. When on a phone conversation if one of the phones is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will not receive a Facetime request if the other person starts Facetime. The requesting phone will just show "Facetime..." and not do anything.

The only way I can get two phones on 3G to Facetime is to start a voice call, then both people have to initiate Facetime. It's a workaround, but kinda annoying to have to do that.

Also, I have a couple of friends with just a new iPod Touch. If they try to Facetime me while I'm on 3G, their Facetime request will never make my phone ring and only shows up as a missed Facetime call.

Any suggestions?

2. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

When I'm on 3G and someone tries to initiate FaceTime I get the missed call pop-up too. It never rings. If I call while on 3G everything goes well. I'm not sure if this is just something that has to be worked out or a limitation that may not be correctable.

3. ender21 macrumors 6502

Same deal here too. This is with the new 3G Unrestrictor for 4.1 too.

I can make 3G to wifi and obviously wifi to wifi. But I cannot make wifi to 3G or 3G to 3G.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I emailed Kim Streich (the Dev) about the wifi to 3G calls not ringing and just got a reply. I was told that he's submitting a fix for this today and it should be in Cydia soon. I'm not sure if there's any other changes coming but we'll find out soon enough. :)

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah, I got the same exact issue when i tired last time, I haven't tried the most recent update, but It seen to no have fix it base on reports.

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

The version that has the fix still hasn't shown up in Cydia yet. In the email he said he's submitting it later today. I guess that could mean it will show up tonight or maybe tomorrow. If I see the update I'll post here.

7. mokeiko macrumors 6502

Any updates to this? I am also getting no ringning when someone tries to facetime and vice versa 3g to 3g.

mokeiko

8. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Unfortunately there hasn't been an update to fix this problem. On October 18th I got a reply from the developer saying he was going to submit an update later that day. It never happened. Looking at his twitter page it seems he's in Japan on vacation. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the delay. Still, I wish he wouldn't have responded back to me so quickily with an answer that he's got a fix.

Yesterday I purchased facebreak but haven't tested it out yet. People have been getting good results with it so I'm hopeful. I haven't tried it yet but I'll edit this post to share the results when I do.

Update
    Facebreak is not working for me unless I have wifi turned on. I don't have to join the network but it has to be turned on.

I just installed My3G and I'm going to use the trial period to make sure things are working well. According to those already using this I'm getting the feeling the one I'm going to (possibly) purchase last is the one I should have gotten first. :mad: Oh well. :)

9. himni macrumors regular

I haven't had this issue when using My3G. I have used face time 3G to 3G and WiFi to 3G and 3G to WiFi multiple times without issue with a friend. We both have My3G.

I have also purchased 3gUnrestrictor but use My3G now since it works so nicely with FT.

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Yup, same here--no problems using Facetime over 3G with My3G.

11. Haxoware macrumors member

With 3GUnrestrictor Don't work

My3g Works Perfect 3g to 3g and mac to 3g