weird FEDEX problem - MBP delivery

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bigjnyc, Mar 14, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

So i was expecting delivery of my MBP from Apple yesterday. Tracking info on fedex.com said expected delivery date March 13th, and it said package on schedule. I checked the progress in the morning and it said that the package is on the truck and out for delivery at 8am...... I was home all day no delivery, no note and no change in the tracking info :confused:

So i called fedex customer service last night around 8pm to inquire about the package and they couldnt tell me anything basically the girl was looking at the same screen I was looking at and all she could tell me was that the package was on the truck. I said "well its been that way for 12 hours and i know you guys aren't making any more deliveries at this time"...... basically she couldnt tell me anything and couldnt help me in any way.

fast forward to this morning status on Fedex.com still says the same thing
    March 13th - 8:03am package on vehicle out for delivery

This has never ever happened to me, and i order alot of stuff, whenever it says package out for delivery it gets to my house. has this ever happened to anyone? I dont know if they deliver on saturdays or not. I guess i'm stuck waiting to see what happens till monday... i was really looking forward to playing with my new toy this weekend.

2. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I had this happen, sometimes they leave it overnight on a truck because, it came in to late, so you should get it today!

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

This has happened to me serveral times.
    1. Weather
    2, Vehicle break down
    3. driver was diverted
    4. driver got ill or family emergency
    and so on.

When this happens I simply request to put a terminal pick up hold on the package. If the package is not delivered and finds it way back to the terminal it ispulled off the truck and left at the pick up area.

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I called again this morning and the customer service rep put me on hold and called the terminal. they couldn't find the package anywhere, so they couldn't tell me what happened or whether its still on the truck... all they know is that its not back at the terminal and the last thing they know is that it went out on the truck yesterday :(

5. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

That sucks! you should push to get more information out of them, tell them it's very valuable and you need it asap.

7. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I'm going to give them until tomorrow, and then i'm going to push for more info and request that the issue be escalated to a manager.

8. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Yeah good idea. Let us know how it goes and don't forget to get their name, reference number etc.

9. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

UPDATE:

so the package finally arrived today, the driver couldn't tell me what happened with the delivery..... I really don't care at this point since i got it and everything is in perfect condition, but I have a manager who is supposed to be calling me with an explanation.... In the meantime I'm just glad i got my MBP and everything is working perfectly:D. Now i can put my iMac up for sale.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.