Weird FedEx situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp93, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jp93 macrumors regular

My family ordered 3 phones, one of which has already arrived. However I called Fedex to see the tracking situation and I was surprised to hear that the other two are on the truck for delivery...

Weird, why would FedEx come to my house twice in a day?

2. muledogus macrumors 6502

I'm not sure, but that makes me feel better about having seen a FedEx truck drive right by my house earlier. Thanks!

3. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out because the one that was delivered wasnt mine :mad:

When I called they said out for delivery by 4:30 PM

4. P Mentior macrumors regular

I could be that driver didn't see the other 2 and will come back when he does. This has happened to me a few times. The only problem is if he doesn't find them until he gets back to the facility then they probably won't go out until tomorrow.

5. muledogus macrumors 6502

Yeah, usually I don't see delivery trucks in my neighborhood till about 4 or so. So I was pretty much expecting a late delivery but after seeing a truck go by I'm staring out the window like a sad puppy.

6. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

well the other thing is that the one that was delivered was the only one with a june 23rd delivery date on FedEx, it was also by 10:30 AM. The other two are for 6/24 by 4:30. So Maybe two different trucks?

I dont know lol

7. muledogus macrumors 6502

True, it looks like they're sticking pretty close to the times given, even if on different days.

8. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

It happens... Usually with big shippments like this either A) it got mixed up with other packages in truck and was overlooked or B) we staffed extra help so probably when one courier took the package and not knowing the 'help' had the other! Don't worry we will get it to you!

9. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

I assume that you work for FedEx? If so, thanks for the information :)

10. fs454 macrumors 65816

AGH this JUST happened to me! I was making a sandwich in the kitchen when a big Fedex truck came around the bend. My heart skipped and I rushed to the door only to see it going right by. I live on a quiet road off a main road so there's no reason to come down here unless you've got business with one of the ten houses.

AHHHHH.

11. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

I hate this lol. Its like FedEx is teasing us :eek:

12. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

I do and no problem.. They do say out for del right?

13. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

Not online, but I called the IPD and they said that they both were on the van out for delivery.

14. muledogus macrumors 6502

Me too, no reason to come near my house unless it's to deliver.

15. muledogus macrumors 6502

Just checked mine and it finally updated to show it's at least in my state. That scan was at 7am.

16. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Everything w/ FedEx is weird today. Their tracking is completely FUBAR. They say as much on their site. Apparently 600K iPhones is more than they can handle. Someone here yesterday was saying this in nothing for them. Yeah, right.

18. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

My FedEx status LITERALLY JUST updated to at destination facility. That happened at 7 AM.... its not 2 PM :mad:

19. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

you do realize there's alot more than only 600k packages going thru the system right! We can do up to 2+ millon pieces a night in memphis. So there's more then just 600k packages being tracked!

20. jp93 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank god for optimism :)

The other two phones just came on a different truck!