weird file path when "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drummerboy03, Jul 18, 2009.

1. drummerboy03 macrumors member

So i just consolidated my library over to an external HD, I then did a fresh "add to library" of the new itunes folder location. I have both the "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" options checked.

here's how the External Music structure looks:
    External:*MUSIC:Itunes Music:Artist:Album:Songs

the itunes library.itl? file is located at External:*MUSIC:library.itl
    (along with the Album Artwork folder, itunes library.xml, iTunes Library Extras.itdb, etc all in that same *MUSIC directory)

Under the advanced tab I point to External:*MUSIC:Itunes Music:

now when I add new files to the itunes library, it copies them to the external HD(which is what i want it to do), except instead of putting them into the Itunes Music folder with all the rest of my music (External:*MUSIC:Itunes Music:Artist:Album:Songs), it puts them in the folder just outside of the Itunes Music folder (External:*MUSIC:Artist:Album:Songs)

Does anyone know how I can fix this so that when I add new music to my library it will copy them into the existing file structure inside the Itunes Music folder (External:*MUSIC:Itunes Music:Artist:Album:Songs)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

2. drummerboy03 thread starter macrumors member

anyone have experience with this? or know how to change that path that files are saved to when I "add to library"?

3. drummerboy03 thread starter macrumors member