Weird files in images folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicknicknickh, Jun 17, 2011.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

well do you know where these would come from? they are in my "all images" folder here is a photo.

Attached Files:

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

It looks like they could either be images for a program, or new system images you downloded. Did u download anything related to changing your dock, or any new programs that use those images?

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

They belong to the system or applications. When you choose "All photos", Finder will literally display every picture you have on your system, even those that belong to itself or applications you have installed. It's nothing to worry about.

4. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

Do you have them too in you're images folder or am I some newbie that dosent know how to delete them or out them in some folder or should I just leave them their.

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't have the exact same images as you but yes, I do have multiple images similar to that. I would leave them there; deleting them can cause applications they belong to to malfunction or work incorrectly.

6. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Its NOT a folder. Its a SEARCH RESULT. It includes all files that are images, or appear to be images, including system files, files needed by applications, cache browser files, etc,and as such its no use whatsoever.

You are best off going into the finder and switching it off (Preferences >Sidebar >Search For) as its pointless and only leads to catastrophes when someone who doesn't understand what it is deletes files they think are unneeded and they turn out to be critical system files.