Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I've experienced this bug on Leopard on various systems from various installs so I'm convinced its a bug. Basically when you get info on a disc it shows "Zero KB on disk (Zero bytes)" with "-- KB" for capacity and availability. It does this on every disc hooked up to a machine and continues after a restart. It does not show up on individual files or folders however, only when you get info on the disk on the desktop. Trying to drag something anywhere on the disc gives an error saying there's no available space. Disk Utility shows that there's plenty of free space and doing "sudo du -cxhd 1/" in the Terminal shows only a portion of the data being used so I know its definitely not full, plus the fact it does this on every disc makes me think its a bug. Its also not a user account error since it shows up in every one I create, this is definitely system level.

Has anyone experienced this before? I've searched the internets far and wide for this error and cannot find anything. I'd like to avoid an archive and install if I can and I've noticed this on too many machines to do that for every one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ani

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I have been using Leopard for only a week, so I haven't seen anything like this yet (seen plenty of other stuff that makes me miss Tiger :p ).

Have you noticed a pattern for the disks? are they over a certain capacity? formatted as a certain FS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.