Weird Final Cut Express Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iNash, Mar 10, 2009.

1. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Hi all,

I have just installed Final Cut Express Version 4.0 from CD as I had to restore my Mac.

The program opens fine and works as it always has no problem.

Then when I perform Software Update my Mac downloads and installs Version 4.0.1 which then asks me for the serial number again which when I enter it nows tells me that it is no longer valid?

Has anyone had this before?

Cheers

2. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    may need new serial for Final cut Express HD 3.5 -or can be found on current install?

I am wondering something else but on a similar topic. I purchased Final Cut Express HD 3.5 in March 2007 for an extra $99 with my MacBook Pro. I will be installing on another MacBook pro but no longer have the discs OR serial (lost in a fire). I contacted my campus apple rep and they arranged for me to receive new installation discs (I provided .pdf files showing the original purchase and the county report on the fire). But I am not sure if I will be getting another serial or not.

I was wondering how easy it would be to a) get a new serial, or b) get the serial off the currently installed Final Cut Express (before I delete it). is there anyway to find the serial on there? Does it pop up in beginning or is it any menu or file?