Weird Finder Labels.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by braddrew, Oct 11, 2011.

1. braddrew macrumors newbie

Hey. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having with finder. I have included pictures. It seems the finder labels have defaulted back to their coding names. Any help would be great. Thanks! :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

3. braddrew thread starter macrumors newbie

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Which Mac and version of OS X? Were you doing anything new when this happened (i.e. a new install of software, etc...)

B

5. braddrew thread starter macrumors newbie

10.6.8 Snow Leopard. No I wasn't doing anything that I don't usually do, just browsing through files.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

Go to Disk Utility, and do a Verify Disk. You can run that without any risk since it's just looking. If it finds errors, then you need to boot from your install disks, or a bootable external HDD and run the Repair Disk option.

I don't actually know that is the problem, but the verify disk is a painless and risk-free diagnostic tool. At worst, it will eliminate directory problems as the culprit. Good Luck.

7. braddrew thread starter macrumors newbie

8. snberk103 macrumors 603

Any chance you're still covered by AppleCare? You could call Apple if so.

If not, head over to the Apple Support Forums. As much as I like MR - more fun - for serious support questions I find the Apple forums have, um, more content - less noisy fun.