Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bre.Luiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Hey Guys,

Im a very, very perfectionist person, kinda OCD sometimes, and there is something that is killing me in Lion, Finder behavior towards its view options, i even recorded an short video to demo it, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1Te3DKqvg

Although, they are EXACTLY the same as you guys can see the grid on folder like Pictures and Documents its completely different from the "default" folders like Applications and my name folder...

Can anyone guess whats happening? Or im gonna have to suicide over this?

Cheers!

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
Hey Guys,

Im a very, very perfectionist person, kinda OCD sometimes, and there is something that is killing me in Lion, Finder behavior towards its view options, i even recorded an short video to demo it, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1Te3DKqvg

Although, they are EXACTLY the same as you guys can see the grid on folder like Pictures and Documents its completely different from the "default" folders like Applications and my name folder...

Can anyone guess whats happening? Or im gonna have to suicide over this?

Cheers!

Relax.

Now do me a favour and change the settings as follows:

Open a finder window. Go to Applications.
Change the settings:

[You can set your own settings but keep them consistent. For e.g. change text size from 11 to 12 if you want to but keep them consistent in the following steps].
Always open in icon view: Check
browse in icon view: Check
Arrange by Name
icon size: 52
Text Size: 11
Show item info: Check
Show Icon Preview: Check

Click on use as defaults.

Now go to your home folder and repeat the above. Don't change any other settings. Change what's different from the above settings so as to match the above settings. After you set the last settings - Show icon preview..., use as defaults will be disabled. => Same as the previous settings.

Now go to /Applications/Utilities and do the same thing.

And by the way its always been like that in OS X. It's such a bitch when it comes to view options.

Bre.Luiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I don't think you understood what i was saying... i mean the difference between the "blank" space from the siderbar right edge to the folder... in the Applications folder its a way wider space than on it is on Pictures folder...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.