Weird Flash Message & Restoring my phone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamies90, May 4, 2010.

1. jamies90 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

Finally got my hands on a iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 and jb and unlockable via blackra1n and blacksn0w. This was done by the seller before arrival.

Ive been using for a couple of days and a random message popped up from Facebook saying some random (non-friend) person had added something to my wall. I loaded facebook but no wall comment at all. Should I be worried about how secure my iPhone is?

I'm looking to wipe and start again but keep the ability to jb and unlock any ideas why the above would happen and how I could go about safely wiping?

Thanks

2. ranReloaded macrumors 6502a

ranReloaded

I haven't jailbroken but the Facebook app is very buggy. Sometimes a link leads to nowhere; a link to a photo shows "This photo set contains no photos", a photo accessed from the notifications/wall has no comments despite that is has (Hint: tap "Show All" to go to the photo album, and then tap the photo you're after. the comments will display). Sometimes tapping on a certain link will crash the app... each time. Be patient!

3. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

What are your fb privacy settings? Is a non-friend even able to post on your wall? That would be my first thought, and if you cant, wipe and restart.

/.02

4. jamies90 thread starter macrumors regular

Facebook is locked down to access to only friends...also checked online on my macbook if there is any evidence too, but none.

Phone doesn't look like its running Mobile Terminal or Open SSH so no hack that side of things.

Am I panicking over nothing?

How would I keep my 3.1.2 and modem baseband when restoring?