Weird Freezing Problem With Macbook Pro, Video Inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tydog07, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Tydog07 macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I use my mbp, it will randomly freeze up, show weird lines on the screen and beep, even if the volume is turned all the way down. Here is a video I recorded last time. What could it be? Also, my MDP port is really finicky. By the way, it is the MBP in my sig. It hasn't happened in a month expect for last night and today now. It has probably done it a total of 5 times.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/Longbarrelsniper/?action=view&current=CIMG0098.mp4

2. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how often does that happen?

4. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

once or twice a month.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

very odd that it doesnt happen more often, looks like hardware like your video card but than youd think it happen more often

6. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I agree, and something else I have noticed, every time I restart my mbp, it'll always start up with a finder window open that is opened to a Mac OS (system) folder.

7. drey232 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with my mbp. I notice it happens when I am editing my photos for a long period of time, or if I am transfering photos from my computer to an external hard drive. I wish I knew what was going on!

8. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Even if it only happens once or twice a months it is still faulty hardware. Send it in along with some more evidence and an explanation and they should repair/replace it.
    If you are out of warranty you might be out of luck as aside from trying to do a clean reinstall of OSX there is really nothing you can do that can possibly change. It could be some corrupted driver. An OSX reinstall would solve that but I would put my money on simply fault hardware.

9. Tydog07 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's funny you say that because I was working with aperture and an external too around the time it happened.

It's a 2011, so warranty isn't an issue, but I did upgrade the ram to 8GB and it's a moments xt hard drive, so I don't want to lose those things if I turn it in. Not to mention, I need it for school daily.