Weird "Fuzzy/Damaged" Files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amirfilmHI, Oct 5, 2015.

1. amirfilmHI macrumors newbie

Hello all, I own the late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 15" and have had this issue lately. I've noticed this usually happens after editing video on Adobe Premiere Pro CC but every now and then it randomly happens. When I go to finder, many of the files appear "fuzzy" or "corrupted" and I have no idea why it's happening. When I click on the file it opens, but it appears this way until I wait awhile. Any idea why this is happening? I've also noticed my Macbook has been getting really hot when I edit for hours... don't know if that contributes either. See the attached image for what exactly it is.

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

If I had to guess I'd say your graphics card is dying.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah that looks like a GPU issue to me.

Perhaps there's an issue that only shows itself once the GPU gets warm (using Premiere Pro) and once it cools down its works. Either way, reach out to apple on this.

4. amirfilmHI thread starter macrumors newbie

I contacted Apple about it and they said downloading the new OS should make it go away. I installed El Capitan and after editing a project the corrupted files happened again. I restarted the computer and it went away. Guess this is a hardware issue?

5. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

This happened to some of my files on my desktop recently. It only happened once and I haven't seen it again.

This was in El Capitan. I've not seen it happen before this.

I have a 15" 2012 rMBP.