Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I have come across this strange glitch/bug, whereby, when opening the Music app and selecting the 'Playlists' option, and then selecting the 'Top 25 Most Played' option, the app 100% always crashes back to the home screen of the device.

upload_2016-9-20_9-38-28.png

Initially, I was doing this on my wife's iPhone 5 (with iOS 10) and thought this must be happening because she has an old device, however, when I then also tried the same sequence on my iPad Air 2 (with latest updates installed), I got the same results - the app 100% always crashes back to the home screen???
:confused::(

So, specifically, can people try this: Tap the Music app, then tap 'Playlists', then 'Top 25 Most Played'. Does the app crash for you? Weirdly, this does NOT happen on my iPhone 6 (only on my wife's iPhone 5 and my iPad Air 2)??

Also, strangely, is that if I tap and hold 'Top 25 Most Played', instead of just tapping it, I will then get this:

upload_2016-9-20_9-46-26.png

...and then tapping the "Play" button, will indeed start playing the Playlist?

So why does the app crash, if I just tap the 'Top 25 Most Played' as in the first screen shot??

Can other people try this to see if this crashes for you?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.