Weird glitch - try and replicate?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by jsmith189, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

I've been working my way through a bunch of genres to see how different things sound on the HomePod and I asked Siri to play Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John (shut up). She responds, "Sure. Here's Xanadu..." and then just stops. The Siri light turns off, the song doesn't play, she doesn't say who the artist is. I've tried it with the Xanadu album too, just to see, and same problem. Stops talking at the word Xanadu.

Could someone else try and see if they have the same problem? Wondering if there's something going on here, or if Siri's just trying to save me from the song...

Edit, just tried it on my phone and had the same issue. Siri didn't speak back to me, and the song didn't play. Very odd!

2. Krayzkat Suspended

3. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I just gave it a go and my HomePod had no problem with it........ Now, how do I delete that from my history :p

4. karnsculpture macrumors regular

I'm having this issue with some playlists and particular tracks. For example Siri will play "Dare" by The Human League, but if you ask it just to play the track "Seconds" it says "playing Seconds by The Human League" and just stops with no volume indicator showing.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 14, 2018 ---
    I have the same issue with Xanadu as the OP