Weird google voice issue.....

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by itsjustmeee, Mar 10, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

For some reason, when anyone calls my regular AT&T cell # and leaves me a message, it goes right to google voice and doesn't show up in my regular iphone voicemail. This also happens if someone doesn't leave a message ... I get an alert from Google Voice saying that I've missed a call. I have no idea as to how or why this just started happening.

Any Google Voice experts out there know how to get my regular number back to AT&T voicemail??

Actually, when I call my ATT number from another phone and I let it go to voicemail, it's the google voice message I hear instead of the default AAT message ... very strange!

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

You must have activated Google voicemail for your cell number. Go to voice.google.com and log in and check your settings under the Phones tab.

3. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks r6girl, that was the problem. The voicemail issues are all sorted out, but now if I dial my google voice number, it goes right to voicemail and doesn't ring at all on my phone. My Do not disturb is off, my Use Click2Call is off as well and the app is open and I'm logged in.

Would you have any idea to get that to work again?

Nevermind ..... I figured it out. Thanks again for your help.