Weird graphic issue, or something?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nicblanco, May 22, 2010.

1. nicblanco macrumors newbie

This has been happening way too much lately, it first started out in the dock with application icons and their names, and then it moved onto the desktop, in random spaces. Now, it's really starting to bug me. I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I kind of hope it's Apple's fault somehow, because my laptop is out of warranty (there's only 1 year warranty on MacBook Whites, right?).

If any of you could shed some light onto this, I would greatly appreciate it. I've attached a screenshot of my desktop:

[​IMG]

2. miicah macrumors regular

3. celticpride678

There is certainly something up with the graphics chip. Bring it in to Apple and see what they have to say.

4. nicblanco thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't installed a beta version of flash, at least as far as I know. I'll check it out, though.

And to the two members who suggested me taking it into Apple, do you think they will charge me for a new graphics card (if that's the issue)? I'll try to take it in this week, but just wondering if any of you have gone through the same issue.

Thanks!

5. miicah macrumors regular

If it's within the first year no they wont charge you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can buy applecare within the first two years, so it may be cheaper to go that route.

6. Worksafe macrumors newbie

Get your Apple Care within one year. Not two.