Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicblanco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2010
This has been happening way too much lately, it first started out in the dock with application icons and their names, and then it moved onto the desktop, in random spaces. Now, it's really starting to bug me. I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I kind of hope it's Apple's fault somehow, because my laptop is out of warranty (there's only 1 year warranty on MacBook Whites, right?).

If any of you could shed some light onto this, I would greatly appreciate it. I've attached a screenshot of my desktop:

taszg0.png

nicblanco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I had that problem when I tried a beta version of flash player

I have a macbook X3100 Graphics

I removed the beta version of flash, and installed the normal version of flash again

I haven't installed a beta version of flash, at least as far as I know. I'll check it out, though.

And to the two members who suggested me taking it into Apple, do you think they will charge me for a new graphics card (if that's the issue)? I'll try to take it in this week, but just wondering if any of you have gone through the same issue.

Thanks!

miicah

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2010
If it's within the first year no they wont charge you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can buy applecare within the first two years, so it may be cheaper to go that route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.