Weird graphics problem... (screenshot included)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mjmar, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I have a white MacBook and today in Safari when I was scrolling down web pages they started to slowly turn black and white and eventually fade away. (As shown) I'm not exactly sure why this happened, and when I quit that session of Safari it didn't do it anymore. The only reason that I'm worried is because my 1 year warranty runs out in 3 days... I don't want it to start acting up after my warranty is up. Do you think this was a one time thing or it may start to do it again in the future when I don't have a warranty anymore?

Attached Files:

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I've never seen anything like that before. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's hardware related, because it's only affecting the content in the Safari window, not the Safari window itself. My guess is that it was some kind of a hickup in Safari's rendering of web content.

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Hm... most likely hardware.
    Take it into the Apple store. Genius Bar appointment. You should know the drill. :p

4. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I agree. Try the same page in Firefox. See what happens. It might be Safari or it may be some back end frameworks/plugins. You may have to reinstall Safari if the problem persists.

5. Evangelion macrumors 68040

I have the EXACT same problem! In fact, it's occurring as we speak. Usually it only happened in Safari (probably due to the fact that Safari is the app I scroll in 95% of the time), but now it's happening in Aperture as well. I just launched Mail, but the problem is not visible there, nor is it visible in Firefox.

My machine is 2.4GHz 15" Santa Rosa MBP with NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT. Yeah, the model with the GPU-problems....