weird homepage issues

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by eternlgladiator, May 22, 2012.

1. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

So lately when I visit the homepage something strange happens. The first article loads and the bottom of that article becomes the bottom of the scrollable page. No blog articles on the right side show up and the ads don't load so I know the page isn't finished. I'm on safari 5.1.7. When the page loads the address bar fills all the way with blue and as soon as the first article loads its filled all the way and all that is left is the x turned loading circle at the right side of the address bar spinning. I've left it for long periods and it doesn't seem to matter. I'm not having trouble with any other pages. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

Edit, the blogs both load two articles and then act the same way as the home page. The buyers guide seems to work alright and there are no problems with the forums.

2. Steils, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

Steils macrumors newbie

I'm having similar issues, my Chrome scriptno addon is showing it's trying to load ad.yieldmanager.com external resources on the Front Page, MAC Blog and iOS Blog the counter has gotten up over 5000 external resources trying to load on the page.

They have a very poor site reputation and are a quick Google search shows it's spyware.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ad.yieldmanager.com

ads.revsci.net
    adsnxs.revsci.net
    ad.yieldmanager.com
    id.adnxs.com

All four of theses seem to be causing that issue, not sure how to fix it, but it happening on both my Windows 7 and OSX computer both running Chrome.

3. Steils, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

Steils macrumors newbie

It just started doing it on the buyersguide and Forums page as well where it just keeps trying to load the page, it's constantly loading but never finishes. Just flashes between Waiting for (sites listed above) at the bottom of chrome.

[​IMG]

4. repeters macrumors newbie

5. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Same here, on both Safari and Chrome.

Pretty much makes the front page unusable.