Weird i7 lag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sjm300, Jul 11, 2010.

1. sjm300 macrumors member

Weird question. If you have your applications folder in the bottom bar. When you click on it to select a app, does I lag at all?

I've been having nothing but problems with this thing it seems :(. Does not seem as fast as I expe ted it to be.

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Has more to do with the HDD than it does the CPU.

3. gattoka macrumors newbie

Yes!!!!!!!! I have had the same issues- lag everywhere ... im on the 2nd macbook pro i7 -been on numerous phone calls and store trips with apple...I've been an apple lifer and this is the worst experience I HAVE EVER HAD!

The Computer feels slower than my old 4 yr old macbook pro - and I want answers

I have done everything there is to do period including taking it back and getting a new one .... 2 ghz intel Core i7 4 gb ram 7200 hd

4. gattoka macrumors newbie

Oh and yes a ssd would make it faster however u still should not be getting the lag ... 4 yr old macbook pro 5400 rpm hd 2 gb ram to new macbook pro 7200 hd 4 gb - new one has more lag

5. gattoka macrumors newbie

JosephRedfern thanks for the video! Can U tell me about ur mac i.e. i7 ?? Also, Can you post a vid of you going through the top drop down menus, opening several different app, basic operation while safari and itunes are open, and going through app and finder windows etc????

These are areas where my computer seems to lag ... I usually have itunes and safari open while working in either Ableton, after affects, or Illustrator. With an i7, 7200 rpm HD and 4 gigs of ram -I feel that 3 apps shouldn't be causing the computer to lag

Thanks again in advance