weird icon next to at&t carrier logo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pcs are junk, Jan 12, 2010.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

what does this thing mean, this is the like 4th or 5th time its appeared since i got it in november.
    IMG_0104.PNG

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That means you're on a GPRS connection. It's slower than Edge.

3. Mush Tush macrumors newbie

I'm guessing 1G??

Furthermore, your data is going to run about as fast as this timeless classic;

[​IMG]

I may want to get that phone and slide my AT&T card in there for that night club retro look.

4. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

I remember those! My dad used to have one, and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

5. uneek1 macrumors regular

I always thought it meant I was roaming, so I never tried to use data when it popped up.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I don't get 3G in my apartment (I reckon it's built like a faraday cage) but GPRS leaks in.

It's fine for basic browsing, Optus don't have an edge network so if there's no 3G it's my only option. Works fine, slowish but sometimes far more stable a data connection than 3G.

We don't get the call dropping issues the americans get with AT&T but sometimes the data can hang for ages and it's quicker just to zap over to GPRS for a bit.