Weird icons in my springboard

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Acronym, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

Ok so I was just looking through my second page on my iPhone and I saw this. These all look like system api's

I am on a iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 JB via JailBreakme.com, I have rock, winterboard, quickreply for SMS installed. Nothing else anyone know why this is showing up? Or how to get rod of it?

[​IMG]

***EDIT***ok so I tried respringing my springboard via winterboard, to which my phone froze. So I held the home and sleep button down, when i started back up I saw this weird greenish/blueish/redish line near the top if my screen (it wasxal pixilated) but the phone started normally.

Anyways the apps are now gone, but it was weird none the less.

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Those are the hidden apps made by apple. Everyone has them, but they usually don't show up unless the springboard has gotten messed up (which happens sometimes when your using winterboard). For example, DemoApp is what plays the screensaver video on the iphones at the apple store.

Glad you fixed it though.

3. AppelGek macrumors member

i've had the same thing... after an install of a new app it's like that, a restore "fixes" it, i strongly feel it started happening after in installed WinterBoard.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The same thing has happened to me multiple times. To fix it, I just respring, and they're gone.

I see the pixelated lines at the top of my screen, too, whenever I turn the phone on or respring. It doesn't seem like it's causing any problems, looks like a side effect of jailbreaking to me.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Those lines are the coding of the jailbreak. It's needed for the jailbreaking to occur and all jailbreakme.com jailbroken iDevices have it.

6. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

blah, I'll just suffer with it I dont want to bother restoring.