Weird imessages behaviour - sending failed then works again

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Romf, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Romf macrumors regular

Romf

Hi,

For a while I have had this iMessage weird bug.
    You should see the attached files for illustration, here is what happens.
    It happens regularly but with no apparent reason: it will work for days or weeks, then some day the bug will start. It can happen with any contact, but it doesn't happen to all the contacts at the same time.

I first send an imessage. The phone quickly says it was "not delivered" with an "!". Clicking then ! and try again doesn't do anything (stays as not delivered".
    If instead I choose "send as text message", it will properly send as text message.
    After doing that I can send imessage again to the contact, until the next time the bug comes.

Some more details:
    To me it looks like it started when they introduced the imessages and text messages forwarding to macOS.
    Also, turning off and on imessages seams to solve the problem for a while, but choosing to send as text message is a quicker fix.

Any ideas? :)

Attached Files:

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It could be related to the status of the network you are connected.

3. Romf thread starter macrumors regular

Romf

Well there is no consistency on that: it can happen in 3G, 4G or wifi, when everything else is working - and again, if i send as tex message it works again after a few seconds

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Texts aren't related to internet connection.
    The simple fact that 3G or 4G is shown, doesn't mean the internet data connection is working

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well if data is working for other things (as the OP seems to imply) then that shouldn't be behind the issue.

6. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

I've had exactly that problem for the last week or so but only sending iMessages to my wife. I have to send as text and then she responds as iMessage and then I can reply as iMessage from there on. Every day. VERY frustrating!!

Looking forward to a fix that doesn't equate to "jiggle the handle".

7. Romf thread starter macrumors regular

Romf

At LEAST one person with the same problem, I couldn't find any topics about this particular subject when searching.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I still think it's carrier related....

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm seeing it as well but haven't really cared enough to try and figure it out. Out of the blue it just fails to send as an iMessage and I just shrug and send it as text instead.