Weird iOS5 problem, anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benguild, Jun 20, 2011.

1. benguild macrumors 6502a

I can't seem to disable the "vibrate on a new email" feature. For some reason now ... my phone always vibrates when I get a new email. It is *so* annoying!

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You know, you'd think Apple would have fixed these issues during beta.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

noooo way problems on a BETA

*shocked face*

/thread

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

No, no you're doing it all wrong. You're supposed to say something like, "Uh, Mr. Pink... it is a beta."

Then mass confusion and ridicule ensues.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i cant get over how a new thread is started every 5 mins about a "bug" in an unreleased iOS

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Go easy on his guys. He is just wanting to know whether or not others have this problem or is it just his phone. But yes, the bugs in iOS5 threads are getting annoying.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So yeah, there's this bug, but your not supposed to talk about it to verify it is a bug. Got that? Nobody here thinks it's okay for you to discuss a bug to verify it.

This forum really needs to get a grip. It's OK to ask about a problem to see if others can confirm the bug.

(However, you did screw up by adding the "*so* annoying" line at the end.)

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wouldn't talking about it with other devs on the apple dev forum be more proper?

and bug or not it doesn't really matter at this point any presumed "bug" should be reported to apple, not me and Mr.Pink

also if its so important to share with the folks here then make 1 thread about iOS 5 bugs, oh wait there's already 100000 of them lets make it 10001 just to make sure

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It might be "more proper", but they can discuss it here as well. No MR ruels say they can't. And just because they discuss it here doesn't mean they aren't or won't report it to Apple. Nobody asked you or Mr. Pink to report it.

The mods have not required one thread for bugs. When they do, it will work that way. Too many of us try to be mods here. (including myself from time to time)

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed but you think someone with a signature like yours would be more against starting a new iOS bug thread every 5 minutes

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Nah, only if they are repeats. And they are NOWHERE near as bad as the upgrade questions every launch.