Weird iP4 4.1 Proximity Sensor Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TaterToT, Oct 15, 2010.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Ok so you know how the proximity sensor glows red now when in a phone call? Well when I answer a call, I see the red light come on, and then it goes off and I go back to having proximity problems.. But if when answering the call I put my thumb over the sensor it will stay red for the remainder of the phone call. (I can also do this by turning speaker phone on/off and holding my phone over the sensor) Anyone else had this problem? Any fix?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Idk. I just relized today while on the phone it turns red on 4.1

3. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's a video... as you can see the light doesn't glow very bright at first, but if I move my thumb over it as it's being enabled, then it glows super bright (visible to the human eye)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE0WQ0PdkEY

4. PastorSalad macrumors newbie

Same issue here, even when I put it to my ear, it doesn't recognise when I take it away, remaining dark. Only workaround found was using hands free or loudspeaker (leaving the sensor out of it). Granted it's not a dealbreaker, I can still receive calls and hang up with the lock button, but it's still incredibly annoying.:confused:

iPhone 4 on 4.1