Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I'm not sure if this has been posted but I've found a weird bug that I've been able to recreate. It's pretty simple too and it might have happened to some of y'all but maybe you just didn't notice.

When I go to start Limbo from the app switcher with my iPad in portrait mode, the game changes the iPad's orientation to landscape mode. This is normal behavior! However when I leave the app and I go back to my home screen, the wallpaper is no longer in portrait mode, but it's in landscape mode, on the same side the game changed the orientation to, but the icons and everything else are in portrait mode. The only way to fix this is to rotate your iPad into another direction and that'll correct the bug until you do these same actions again.

I've tried opening the app from my games folder, and when exiting out it exits to the folder so this doesn't happen. I have another app, Instantsave that I added to my home screen, and when opening from there then closing it out, the wallpaper orientation remains unaffected. If I open Instantsave from the app switcher though, you better believe the wallpaper changes to the same orientation that app threw the iPad into when exiting, which is actually on the opposite side that Limbo opens in. This sounds like an iOS 7 software glitch.

Has anyone else experienced this/can try this out and see if this happens to them? To recreate this all you need is to have an app running in your app switcher that automatically opens into landscape mode, but when opening it, do it while your iPad is in portrait mode. Then exit the app (home button, or finger gesture, doesn't matter) and report back if you're affected too.

Attached below is a screenshot of my home screen when the bug changed my wallpaper orientation :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383472560.931660.jpg

Last edited:

nm94

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Definitely an iOS 7 bug. Wouldn't worry about it too much, Apple will eventually send out a fix. The software still is not fully optimized for the iPad, which is obviously something that needs to be dealt with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.