Weird Iphone 3GS Battery Issue!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sparkles61785, Jun 21, 2009.

1. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

Today while texting, I got a warning message that my battery had less than 20% remaining. When I looked at my phone it had only 18% left. This was after only using my fully charged iPhone lightly for less than three hours. I had sent and received about 10 text messages, and listened to maybe 5 songs.

The problem is that about 5 minutes later while receiving a call, my battery meter was at 78%. What could the problem be? Why would my battery meter say 18% one minute with a low battery warning, and then 78% just 5 minutes later (with no charging)?

What should I do? Is anyone else having this problem?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I would keep an eye on it. If it happens again definitely get it looked at before your 30 days is up.

3. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Something like that just happened to my 3GS. Like about an hour ago it said 64%, then an hour later it just died, and i had to plug it in and the battery looks as if it drained.

I didn't use it during that hour at all. What do you think that could be?

Edit: Now that I plugged it in, it had that image with the dead battery icon, but then when it "got enough juice", it turned on and it says 64% again.

4. vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems like I heard a lot of people complaining about this when 3g came out (I was on 2g prior to 3gs) I'm going to give it a week and hope the meter settles down.

5. LanceRobbins24 macrumors newbie

I'm not even getting a percentage readout next to my battery on my new 3G S.....is there a setting where it may be turned on/off?

6. netslacker macrumors 6502

Yes. You have to enable it via the settings app.

7. LanceRobbins24 macrumors newbie

thanks.....I just found it under the usage setting.