Weird iPhone 6 charger.. Prototype?

upwindpenny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
HI, my name is David I live in NYC and I'm pretty sure you all know how long the waiting list for an iPhone 16GB/64GB is. So last week I decided to get an iPhone 128GB since it was only a 3-5 day wait. I received it today and upon opening the phone today I found a very very weird charger. I called AT&T and they could not help me they thought I was playing a game when I was describing the charger to them. Any help would be appreciated I might have to go to the apple store to find out what this is?

[/URL][/IMG]

:apple:

[/URL][/IMG]

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That is a charger for a different country. Somewhere in Europe I think. Nothing special about it.

upwindpenny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
thanks just never seen it and being that the phone is brand new i found it strange. does this mean my iPhone is not an U.S. phone?

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
There are a few people who got non-US chargers with their phones. Apple would probably be willing to exchange it for you if you explain what happened. Or you could probably just get an adapter and use it here. That particular style plug is used in most 220V countries as far as I know

Out of curiosity, what's the model number listed on the back of your iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.