Weird iPhone 6 charger.. Prototype?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by upwindpenny, Oct 13, 2014.

1. upwindpenny macrumors newbie

HI, my name is David I live in NYC and I'm pretty sure you all know how long the waiting list for an iPhone 16GB/64GB is. So last week I decided to get an iPhone 128GB since it was only a 3-5 day wait. I received it today and upon opening the phone today I found a very very weird charger. I called AT&T and they could not help me they thought I was playing a game when I was describing the charger to them. Any help would be appreciated I might have to go to the apple store to find out what this is?

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is a charger for a different country. Somewhere in Europe I think. Nothing special about it.

3. upwindpenny thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks just never seen it and being that the phone is brand new i found it strange. does this mean my iPhone is not an U.S. phone?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

What is the complete model number of your phone?

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

There are a few people who got non-US chargers with their phones. Apple would probably be willing to exchange it for you if you explain what happened. Or you could probably just get an adapter and use it here. That particular style plug is used in most 220V countries as far as I know

Out of curiosity, what's the model number listed on the back of your iPhone?

6. cymolia macrumors 6502a

That was such a good story that I printed it out and stapled it to my ceiling so I can read it every night before I go to bed.

7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

8. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement