Weird Iphone battery usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnsonxray, Jun 13, 2011.

1. johnsonxray macrumors member

I fully charged my iphone before i went to sleep..which means it start from 0min of usage and 0min of standby..and during that time..I NEVER receive any calls,sms,push,wifi,BT,whatever it is..because i off it all..ok now the weird thing is..when I woke up in the morning and check..its standby is 8hours++..yea its normal..but the abnormal part is the usage..it says 13min usage..lol..where does this 13min of usage come from? I'm very sure no one touch my phone when im sleeping..by right it should be 0min usage and 8hours+ of standby..because I plug off the charger then I press then sleep button and never turned on until I'm awake..
    my question is..where does this 13min of usage come from? LOL
    Well it would be normal if the usage and standby is the same because alot people encountered that..but mine..not same as standby..but the..13min?? lol??? and during my 3hours class just now, no calls no sms no nothing, it became 45min of usage..I recorded it very well it was only 40min before i sleep the phone because i wrote it on the table lol...I never on the phone during the 3hours =(
    (P.s no background apps running or whatever..all off all clean before I head to bed)

2. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

There are some basic services running in the background overnight, like reconnecting with the tower, etc that might trigger your iPhone to awake from standby. The screen doesn't even have to be on for these types of services to trigger.

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I wouldn't loose any sleep over 13 minutes of usage..HAHA PUN HAHA SEE WHAT I DID THAR? Ok maybe it wasn't funny but to answer your question any number of background services could take up that "usage". There are some things in the iPhone OS that will run without your knowledge and you won't be able to disable them.

5. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

6. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

so is this normal or consider some kind of battery draining issue?

7. hdmdc macrumors newbie

Yes, its normal, and isnt a drain, it happens to jb and non jb devices

8. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

ah thankyou so much I actually uninstalled some cydia app to check if its those apps causing the usage but it seems not..i can install them back now