Weird iPhone problem.HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RolledUp20s, Feb 19, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Just went to use my iphone, it wouldn't respond ...wouldn't wakeup. I thought maybe the battery was dead. So plugged it in...waited a few mins then it finally came on, but i had a spinning wheel like it had done a respring, anyway came back to my lockscreen, unlocked it & my battery is 42% -

Using batterydetective these are my results, its plugged in & on charge, no background apps open...

Temperature - 86.72F
    Current Capacity - 946mAh
    Max Cap. - 1424mAh
    Design Cap. - 1430mAh
    Battery Charge - 66.76%
    cycleCount - 73
    Voltage - 4078mV
    Boot Voltage - 3694mV
    Drain - +858mA .....WTF!!!!! My mate ran a similar test & shows -156mA here

Like i say, background apps are all closed.

Last thing i installed yesterday was AndroidLock XT...could it be that???

----------

Just deleted androidlock, bytafont, winterboard. Still high drain. ...oh and now my iphone has just bugged out on me, the screen is stuck with appswitcher open....oh and as i speak its just rebooted..

Why are you poorly iphone 4S :-( ?? Hmmm, can siri tell me?

Its down to 400mAh...but thats still way too high for nothing running?
    My ipad 2 tests show it at -600 to -800mAh in the same conditions.

Like i said, my mate also has a 4S his is -156

What can it be? Ive turned icloud off...

2. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I actually noticed my phone with a drain of about 450+, I went into SBsettings and killed everything in the background and freed up some memory and it went down to -139. I think next time I am going to use System Status and take note of all the processes I have running in the background to see what is causing the issues. May report back what I find if I remember to..lol

3. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

Ive got it down to 48mAh now. Whats system status?

4. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

it seems turning off my data without killing any background apps improved my drain considerably...not sure what this means..but I don't mind leaving it off seeing as how where ever I am I have wifi avaialble..and If I don't I can always switch it back on..maybe this will be fixed with the new update that apple is releasing.

----------

It is an app you can get from the app store, there are more than a few apps like this that show what processes are running on your iPhone*, how much memory is being used etc.

5. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ive deleted several custom tweeks now, its showing -200mAh, so all is now good. Just had too many tweeks running, although it looked awesome :)
    Ahwel, keep it simple

6. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Indeed, I am noticing that the mobilephone process is always running even after I kill it. Do you know if that is supposed to be the case?

NM, did a test on it and it does not use battery while in the background. I think all is well for now too..

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

it allows you to receive phone calls so you don't want to kill it.. ;) or just buy a touchpad

8. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

LOL, yah I'm at work and I just woke up..but it doesn't use any battery power while running in the background so it's all good. Still gonna do some testing to try and find out any other things that might be killing my battery. I don't have many tweaks running so hopefully what I have done so far helps with my battery life.