weird iPhoto message at opening

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Everytime I open up iPhoto, I get this message that says: "A photo has been found in the iPhoto library that was not imported. Would you like to import it? No button and Yes button appear at the bottom of the message box. Sometimes it does it twice.

If I say yes, then when iPhoto finishes opening up, there is an album (or two) at the bottom of my album list called "Recovered Photos" but they are empty.

I have to manually go through this and then delete them everytime I open up iPhoto. I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn't harm my use of iPhoto or my existing photos, it just accumulates into being a bug and a diversion that I have to get used to dealing with. I thought I left adjusting to those buggy pains in the a$$ behind when I left Windows.

Error Message

Auto-created albums

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Yes, something it detects needs to be imported. What that is, I don't know. BUT it sounds like you don't have permissions, or the permissions are wrong, and it can't write to the files/directory to mark it as imported thus every time it thinks it needs to import it. Just find the directory and/or files and either delete them (if they are really blank) or give "everyone" permission to read/write and then it should update the flag to indicate it is new.

Hope it works.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would perform a rebuild. Hold Command+Option while opening iPhoto and check all boxes.