Weird Ipod Issues (updated)...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by kbag87, Jan 16, 2008.

1. kbag87 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I got my iTouch last night, and almost immediately Jailbroke it. I was loving it, worked great, really easy to do... I installed iblackjack, mines, summerboard, and several others that i tried and deleted...

today, it was fine this morning, then when it sat in sleep mode for a while it wouldn't turn back on.. after messing around with holding the buttons in different combos i got it back on, but it was sooo dark i could barely see, so i reset the settings, and that fixed it....

then... it went to sleep again, and the same thing happened.. this time I ended up putting it into restore mode... BUT if i restore, it will go to 1.1.13, and I don't wan't that B/C i want to be able to jailbreak it.

is there a way to get it off this restore mode? what would cause it to do what it had been doing today?

-Keegan

2. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to dinner, then played in the snow for a bit, came back and it was completely dead(battery), after charging for a min, it booted back up fine....

well... see...

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

if you downloaded the update then I think that this is the case. If you didn't what I would do is turn off internet access while you put it in restore mode, and IF you already downloaded 1.1.3, but haven't installed it hold the option key (I think you hold the shift key in windows) and select an older firmware that you downloaded from elsewhere and use that to restore.

If that doesn't make much sense there are many many many threads about exactly this, restoring to an older firmware. Look around a little.

4. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, its still 1.1.1..... and it just did it again, it was working fine, i added two movies to it, browsed the internet... then left it to charge, came back and its doing it again.... REALLLLLY dark screen, barely can see the apple that it shows when booting up... but won't do anything...

-Keegan

5. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

just tried to restore it to 1.1.1 and it sat on the "preparing ipod for restore" forever then gave and error message "cannot restore ipod" error number is 1604

-Keegan

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

well if you restore your iPod and don't install third party apps and have it completely unjailbroken and it continues to act funny you should take it to the apple store and see if they will replace it.

Do you have a case on the iPod that may be covering the light sensor? Or have you gone into preferences and checked if something is funny with your backlight setting?

7. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have a case, not the problem though...

When i was able to get into the setting, i checked the back light settings, that was not it either...

It will not let me restore the ipod... any other ideas?

im going to bed for now, ill work on it more tomorrow...

-Keegan

8. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

woke up this morning.... battery died again... still in restore mode though, im currently trying to restore to 1.1.1.... we'll see what happens!

EDIT: It let me restore it back to 1.1.1.... ill leave it normal for a while before i jailbreak it again... that way ill know if it is a problem with the ipod, or with the jailbreak...

-Keegan

9. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

its still doing it!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! this is uber frustrating!!!

but, i guess its not a problem with the jailbreak i did, its an actual ipod issue... i think.

10. Frosty1 macrumors member

I think you should just take it back, and get a new one since this one seems to be having problems. That's what I'd do anyways.

11. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

i would but don't have the receipt, and have no clue where it came from, i tried to exchange it at Wal-mart before I even opened it because I wanted a 16 gig... and they wouldn't do it....

So I don't know what i should do, I am thinking about calling Apple tech support.

12. kbag87 thread starter macrumors newbie

ANY IDEAS???? im stumped, and its currently messed up again!