weird issue, looking for help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kalex, Feb 24, 2014.

1. kalex macrumors 65816

Just got a late 2013 macbook pro and i'm trying to reload mavericks and restore my data. Before selling my 2013 macbook air i used superduper to create an image of my disk on my usb stick. I also created and used osx 10.9 installer on usb.

I used it sucessfully to reload my air before sale and it worked fine booting from usb drive.

Now i'm running into issue with my 13" rMBP. When i try to boot it from either usb drive (superduper image and 10.9 installer) I get prohibitory sign on grey screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I think what is going on is the newer rMBP used a special build number of Mavs and that differs from what you have on your USB drives.

Do you now have Mavs on the rMBP? Just attach the SD backup and use that as the source for a Migration Assistant import to the new machine. Don't boot to the SD drive, just attach it as the source for the import.

3. kalex thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep seems like drivers are missing. weird. I ended up doing internet recovery and copied the data using migration assistant. its finishing up so after reboot I should see if its same as my air was :)