Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nilesong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I'm having an odd issue with my iphone...every part of the touch screen works just fine, except the part at the bottom of the phone functions. I can tap the phone icon (on the main screen) and get to the next screen that has the 'favs, recents, contacts, keypad, and voicemail' icons at the bottom, but I can NOT get them to respond. Once I get to that screen, I can't get back to my recent call lists, contacts, keypad, or anything. To make a call, I need to go into 'contacts' on the main screen and then I can tap my way into make a call.

Does that make sense? It was working just fine a couple hours ago and I haven't changed anything. Not sure why all of a sudden it quit responding. All other screens respond to touch/tap. :confused:

3g, 4.1, 6.15.00 if that helps

nilesong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
One other thing, this afternoon I noticed that up by the carrier name, by where the WiFi icon would appear, there was a circle there. I can't remember if it was white and filled in, or not. Not sure what it meant or if it had anything to do with the phone issue.

nilesong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Okay, lol I keep posting in my own thread. I just restarted the phone and it's all good now. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.