Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvdchance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
OK so here's my setup. I have a 2011 Mini just upgraded to Yosemite outputting to a LCD monitor via TB to DVI and a Visio HDTV via HDMI.

Under Lion and Mavericks all was well. I have my LCD set as the primary display with the menubar and dock, and the Vizio just displays Plex. Worked beyond perfect no real issues at all.

Now after the update I'm running into a bit of a problem. If I turn off my TV, Plex after a while will start to display on the other display. And then when I turn the TV on again all I get is my background, nothing else. This really pisses off my family, to them Plex is just whats on when they choose HDMI1.

So I tried using the displays have separate spaces setting. That will keep Plex running on the proper display, but again when the TV gets turned on after being off for a while it will display the menubar at the top of the screen. Less of a problem for sure, but still a niggle nonetheless.

Any suggestions? The prior 2 OS X versions didn't cause Plex to "jump displays" like it is now doing.

dvdchance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
I found a workaround that almost works. The only problem is that the menubar will sometimes appear until you change focus to that space, then it disapears.

Any reason why this happens?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.