Weird issue when iMac is in sleep

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jlyanks85, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

My iMac is perfect working order, but sometimes when I'm not using my iMac for more than a day and it's in sleep, the keyboard and trackpad act strange.

I'll turn my iMac back on from sleep and the caps lock won't turn on my keyboard. The keyboard works perfectly every other time (when I shut the computer all the way down, don't keep it in sleep long), but when in sleep for a day or more, sometimes 18-20 hours, it does this.

Trackpad problem doesn't happen as much, if at all,but it does happen when the cursor doesn't move, like it's frozen from being in sleep so long.

Anybody know what the problem could be?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Do you have a bluetooth keyboard? Could it be that the keyboard and trackpad go to sleep mode to save battery then they have to reconnect to the iMac when it reawakens?

3. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Have the newest wireless keyboard that came with my iMac. Just got the computer in November. Every time I restart the computer when this issue occurs, the cap lock light turns on again. So have no clue what the issue could be.

4. mmaskiell macrumors newbie

Not sure what the issue is, but I have it commonly now when the iMac goes to sleep- if my family isn't very patient with the trackpad- the cursor freezes and I have to shut the computer down all the way to regain functionality. I personally have not noticed the CAPS LOCK issue, but would like to resolve the track pad for sure...