Weird issue with BiteSMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpetticrew, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

So here's my set up:
    -LockInfo is set to blcok pop-ups
    -The screen doesn't turn on if I recieve a text with 'show nothing' chosen in BiteSMS
    -Since LockInfo won't block the BiteSMS pop-up, I set BiteSMS to show the Apple alert on the lockscreen so LI would block it and just display the text in the SMS cell.

The problem is that the text alert tone plays twice. Once halfway through then immediately again all the way through. This doesn't happen when BiteSMS is set to show nothing or when it's set to show Quick Reply, only for the Apple alert.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I can't figure out if BiteSMS 5.0 is free or not?

I know the initial trail period is free of course but what happens after that? Does it stop working? Does it work but at every push of a button it asks you to buy the app? Or will it work as normal but with ads at the bottom of the screen? If so, how big are they and are they everywhere?

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

In bite there is a setting for the tone, turn it off

It's free with ad support after the trial.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There's a way to preview what it looks like with ads during the trial. Check under settings, or look at the Bite website for details. The ones I saw were the simple bar style Google ads at the bottom of the screen; relatively unobtrusive. Personally, I opted to pay, as I think it's well worth the money since it's easily the most used and best functioning app on my phone.

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I heard if one were to use firewall ip they could block all incoming ads from BITE.

Of course if the only ads are the small little ones in the inbox then who really cares...but I've heard sometimes the ads take up almost the whole screen and are really annoying.

If it gets to that point, I definitely be trying firewall ip.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Spending $2.99 for FirewallIP to avoid spending $8.99 for biteSMS makes perfect sense.

7. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

always a cranky guy eh mike! lol

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

or you can pay.

i wont knock you though as there has been times where i didnt pay for things.. weve all done it, and no one needs a lecture..

but with bite, as others have said, the dev works really hard.. 11 betas.. all within a couple months. and since beta 1, 5.0 was stable.

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Thieves make me cranky.

10. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

the ads are smaller than one message and you only see them when you open the app, plus you get to help the developer (more) without having to pay it yourself, just go and click it every once in a while it's not that bad

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I've used it with ad supported. The ads NEVER took up the whole screen. I think the ads are only at the bottom but I'm not 100% sure on that because I never looked at them. They are not that noticeable. And why bump an old thread just not add this nonsense.

12. ivan300 macrumors member

sbadblocktoggle(free) will block ads globally its on

repo.modyouri.com