Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstier09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
This is a very specific kind of question for a very specific scenario, but here goes...
So the Camera Zoom app was just updated to work on 3.0 which works well enough to keep on the ol' iPhone, but for some reason I can't get it to go into my categories folder! When I go into the list to add it into the folder the name appears as simply Camera (rather than Camera Zoom) and since the camera app already has dibbs on that file name, the stock Camera app gets placed in there instead! I've never had this kind of thing happen with Categories!
So, firstly, can anyone that has this app replicate this happenstance, and second, does anyone have any ideas for a fix? Like an edit of Categories files throuh SSH to force apps in?

Thanks for reading

Nanook

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
LA, CA
Yeah, this happened to me with CraigsPhone and another app. Both showed up as "Webclip" or something similar, and only one could be in a Categories "folder" at a time. I just learned to live with it. I'd be curious if there was a solution out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.