Weird issue with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tinny the cat, May 30, 2011.

1. tinny the cat macrumors member

If I play anything through the loud speaker it works ok for about a minute or 2 then suddenly turns quite and crackling? any ideas? its a new or refurbished phone I got a week ago after my old 1s home button stopped working. Worth going in and getting a new 1?

2. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

I'd take it back, sounds like a faulty speaker. Mine just failed and apple replaced the handset. Same symptoms, quiet and crackly.

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

If you're having consistent problems with the speaker definitely take it in to get it replaced, that's not a problem you want to put up with.

By the way, there is only one speaker on the iPhone 4. The right side is the speaker the left side is the microphone.

4. tinny the cat thread starter macrumors member

I know there is only one speaker, who said otherwise?

taking it in 2day, may barter for a white 1, having no luck with the black 1s :p

5. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I have the exact same problem, gonna be going to the Apple Store this Wednesday. Maybe we'll both get kind Geniuses that want to bless us with white iPhones? ;O

6. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

good luck. the white ones are at a premium they say.

7. mattkowalski macrumors member

There's another thread on this - they won't replace a faulty black phone with a white one.