Weird issue with MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PaulieORF, Jul 20, 2009.

1. PaulieORF macrumors regular

So I finally setup my MobileMe on my iPhone. I put in my account info and everything verified. Strange thing is on the list of things I can turn on or off for MobileMe, it shows email as turned on but grayed out so I can't change it. I left contacts and calendar on along with Find My iPhone, didn't turn bookmarks on.

So I go into mail settings and things seem normal:
    [​IMG]

So then I tapped on MobileMe to check out the settings. When I go in I see that it now lets me turn mail on and off, but now it shows that Find My iPhone is off, grayed out, and says "PUSH_NEEDED_IPHONE" underneath it.
    [​IMG]

Hmmm, weird. I figured maybe MobileMe wasn't set to push on my iPhone, so I went into the advanced push settings and see TWO MobileMe accounts listed, one with contacts, calendars, and Find my iPhone, and another MobileMe account just for email. Even if I turn the top MoblieMe account to push it still gives me the PUSH_NEEDED_IPHONE message and doesn't let me turn Find my iPhone on.
    [​IMG]

Very strange indeed. So I tried restarting the phone, I removed the one MobileMe account it shows under mail accounts and re-adding it. When I remove it, the iPhone shows that I have no other mail accounts on the phone. When I go to setup MobileMe again after this, I am presented again with the same problem. I also tried restoring my iPhone from last nights backup, from before I even set MobileMe up on it. I still have the same problem.

Has anyone heard of this, anyone have experience with this?

I am thinking that a restore to factory settings could maybe fix this, but I'd like to avoid wiping away all of my text messages and settings if I don't have to.

Thanks guys.

2. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

Your iTunes may have automatically synced MobileMe to your phone on top of the one you set up. Take both accounts off the phone and start over. Just make sure that if iTunes is set to sync mail accounts, you don't add a duplicate account. Not sure if I helped but that's all I could think of.

3. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

The Mail sync option in iTunes is off. Also I cannot take both accounts off, as it only shows one account under Mail settings. I only see the two accounts when I go under Fetch New Data > Advanced.

4. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

I should also mention that when I actually go under mail on the iPhone, it only shows one MobileMe account with one set of folders.

5. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

It's not a duplicate account.

On the iPhone, the mail part of MobileMe is listed separately.

As for the Find my iPhone thing, that is strange. I'll get back to you about it.

6. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Just noticed you have 'No Service' on your phone!

This could be that your phone won't be able to accept push since its not connected to the carrier, maybe thats whats causing your error?

EDIT: Hmm, you do have wireless kicking though, I really don't know now.

7. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I was screwing around with it and amongst all the things I did, the weird message went away, and Find My iPhone is working correctly. As far as the no signal, yeah AT&T sucks at my house, fluctuates between no signal and 3 bars, but usually at none. I'm eagerly anticipating the launch of the AT&T Microcell.

8. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Sweet, any idea what caused the problem?

9. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

No clue. I think the PUSH_NEEDED_IPHONE message pretty much meant what it said, that the MobileMe account needed push turned on. I think the problem is that it was not recognizing push even when I turned it on, that's the part I don't understand. I'm glad it's working correctly now, though.

10. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

At least it's fixed. If you ever figure out what happened post back.

Cheers.