Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
So here's an odd one that help would be appreciated with...

I have apple remote that works fine with my MBA (hence the remote is fine) that I'm trying to pair with my Mini. When I press menu on the remote, Boxee launches (indicating that the Mini is reading the remote). But nothing else on the remote works with the Mini. Volume controls don't work, Front Row doesn't launch, etc. If I disable Boxee, the remote does nothing. And I can't pair the remote to the Mini. No, it isn't paired to another computer and I unpaired any remote from the Mini before trying to match this one to it...

Any help? :confused:

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
how did you get boxee to launch? i''m guessing what you used to change that is what's causing your problems with nothing responding.

from the boxee forums
In Boxee, go to Settings > System > Remote and uncheck "Always Running", then quit Boxee (you might actually have to restart, I can't quite remember). The Apple remote will now control whichever app is running. If neither are, the menu button will launch Front Row.

and also pairing does nothing to the remote. the only thing it does is tell the computer to only listen to a specific remote.

so if you have 2 computers, one paired to a remote, the other unpaired.
When you use the remote, they'll both respond.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
how did you get boxee to launch? i''m guessing what you used to change that is what's causing your problems with nothing responding.

from the boxee forums

and also pairing does nothing to the remote. the only thing it does is tell the computer to only listen to a specific remote.

so if you have 2 computers, one paired to a remote, the other unpaired.
When you use the remote, they'll both respond.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. But I'm not sure it will help. I actually tossed boxee in the trash can and then tried the remote - it did nothing...didn't launch boxee or front row or control volume, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.