Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quebert

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
I'm trying to set up an action to call someone, when I set the action and try it I was getting "unsupported url the url wasn't loaded (null)" I fiddled with it and ended up binding it to a different contact, it worked. I have like 15 contacts, I tried all other 14 and it worked fine. I looked at the contact in question and the only thing I saw different was it was my only favorite. So I removed it from favorites and rebooted. Still getting the error. So I deleted the entry and remade it, still same error when I invoke the action. Last thing I tried was changing my business contact number which worked as an action to hers and the same error comes up. I know this is a super shot in the dark but does anyone have an idea of something to try?

I'm more than a little confused here.

quebert

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
Playing around with it it doesn't like her #, I took out the area code, same thing, I changed the area code just to see, same thing wouldn't launch the action. This has to be one of the most bizarre could only happen to me issues. I'm still scratching my head, and out of all my contacts this is the only one I want to set a swipe to dial. HUMMM

anyone know of anything similar to Activator for dialing contacts?

EthanLMT

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2015
You can't use a phone number for a URL.... Maybe you have to put some sort of keyword before the phone number (like mailto: to email a certain email)

quebert

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
You can't use a phone number for a URL.... Maybe you have to put some sort of keyword before the phone number (like mailto: to email a certain email)[/QUOTE]

All I'm doing is creating an action that dials a contact, I don't really know why it's giving me the message about a URL. When I made an action for every other contact I did it exactly the same and they all worked. I have an idea maybe someone here with an iPhone 6 or 6+ on 8.1.2 could try this for me I want to see if it can be duplicated or it's just me?

make a contact with the number 660-2448, the area code doesn't matter. Then bind it to any activator action, I tried 5 different ones just to be sure and they all gave me the error. 3 finger pinch is a good one that's one of the ones I tried. *IF* it's not just me maybe I can contact the developer and at least see if it's fixable.

mfisher949

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2015
any update? I'm having the same issue

Frustratingly, I'm having the same issue you are (were?) having with Activator. I get the same error message and the issue seems to be agnostic of contact - I changed added the same number to a contact which will dial normally, but the problematic number on that contact also fails... Mine is 431-8538.

Any progress?

quebert

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
Frustratingly, I'm having the same issue you are (were?) having with Activator. I get the same error message and the issue seems to be agnostic of contact - I changed added the same number to a contact which will dial normally, but the problematic number on that contact also fails... Mine is 431-8538.

Any progress?

Honestly I gave up after a few more days, was really hoping somebody here would have been bored enough to try the # that was giving me issues and see what their phone did. I will use the number you're having problems with tomorrow and post back what happens. I don't see why it would work for me, but you never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.