Weird iTunes maximizing issue after updating to Snow Leopard.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by botsmack, Sep 8, 2009.

1. botsmack macrumors member

I didn't know how to explain what is going, so I created a video. You can see what's happen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDUndUwqn9A

Basically, for those who don't want to click though, iTunes will maximize itself at weird times. If I have iTunes opened, minimize it, go to another application and do work, then go back to the dock and click on the iTunes icon it will first load an image of iTunes behind the previous application, make it disappear, then maximize iTunes from my minimized version.

If I do all of that above and *quit* the non-iTunes application, then iTunes will appear out of nowhere on the screen. If I minimize it then, iTunes appears to try to minimize, maximize, then re-minimize itself.

I hope the video shows what I'm talking about. I didn't have a way to slow it down, so it's playing at full speed. After you play (or maybe cache the YouTube video), for whatever reason, it seems to help if you mouse back to 0:26 and play from there if it doesn't show the last problem too well. You should see iTunes appear to try and minimize, maximize, then re-minimize.

Any ideas?

2. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

first things which come to mind: restart your computer and reinstall iTunes. try one then the other. There might be a weird thing in the system that simply resetting might fix, or an issue with the app.