Weird iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bursty, Apr 17, 2007.

1. bursty macrumors 65816

bursty

I just picked up this new MacBook on Saturday. When I loaded all my music into iTunes, I noticed the titles (artist, album, playcount, etc) where all scrambled up. I restarted it and it was fine and just figured due to the huge amount of music I just imported, something got screwed up. Well, now its doing it again, pretty much anytime I open it. I have already deleted it and redownloaded a new copy of iTunes, but it didnt fix it. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When people first reported this, it was attributed to corrupted fonts. Some users have also reported it without any evidence of corrupted fonts, though. So you can use Font Book in the Utilities folder to try and make sure you don't have corrupt fonts, but it may or may not solve the issue.

Other thing to consider...have you used delocalizer, monolingual, or any application that tries to strip out PPC binaries or localizations?

3. bursty thread starter macrumors 65816

bursty

ok, just did that and got this. Should I delete that font then? But it says it passed?

[​IMG]

edit: nevermind, that only checked that one font. let me check all of them

:confused: Not sure about any of that, but I doubt it since I literally just got this 4 days ago. I havent installed anything weird or anything that I didnt have on my previous PowerBook.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have font problems, deal with that first.

5. bursty thread starter macrumors 65816

bursty

After validating all the fonts, it still says that problems were found, but doesn't list any under "Errors" or "Warnings".

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

It's not a font issue, it's a known iTunes 7 bug. Just make the window refresh somehow and it goes away.