Weird jailbroken iPhone 4S 6.1 T-Mobile problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPhoneP33, Mar 16, 2013.

1. iPhoneP33 macrumors newbie

Hello all. I am posting about a problem with my T-Mobile service running on my evasi0n jailbroken iPhone 4S on 6.1. I made the request to port over from Straight Talk last friday, and it finished on Monday. I was able to make calls and receive texts, but the data was a little weird. I could also send MMS, but any MMS anyone would try to send me I would get around 12 hours later. Then it would work normally unless I turned my phone off and back on. I am using the normal T-Mobile apn settings (epc.tmobile.com). The data doesn't load sometimes, the google search tab next to the url tab doesnt load results at all, most apps don't load(such as twitter, youtube, instagram). I have contacted T-Mobile about this and they said they can't do anything. I think it may have something to do with the SIM card, so i ordered a new one and I am going to test it out when it arrives. If that is not my solution though, should I just restore my iphone as a new phone and possibly lose all chances to rejailbreak it? I'd appreciate some help :)

----------

I don't know if this is important, but i am on the 30 dollar 100 min 5 gb plan.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

iOS 6.1.2 is still jailbreakable so if you restore, you can still jailbreak

For your APN, try one of the following and see how it works out for you

wap.voicestream.com/
    internet2.voicestream.com/

Another side note, are you on edge or 3G? Edge is equivalent to dial up speeds so maybe the latency is so bad you cannot even connect to the server and don't count on any YouTube videos ever loading in a fashionable time frame when on edge

3. iPhoneP33 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 3G in most places, and should I use those APNs for data or for MMS?

----------

I have 3G in most places, and should I use those APNs for data or for MMS?

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It could work for both. Usually, if one works for data/mms, it'll work for the other as well