Weird keyboard at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by geekindisguise, Jun 1, 2009.

1. geekindisguise macrumors 6502

geekindisguise

Well, I went to the Apple store today and was just looking around when I noticed something. The wireless keyboards weren't wireless. I thought at first that the wire was just attached to it for security reasons. But no. It was just a wireless looking keyboard that was a wired version. And it didn't have the circle tube on the bottom like the wireless ones, but instead it had the two USB like the Wired keyboard. Is this keyboard available to the public to buy? Maybe its just apples way of showing their wireless keyboard without it being stolen. Hmm.... I just have never seen one like that before. :confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, that's the wired keyboard now. It's been around since March. They're getting rid of the keypad one.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Check out the new iMac; they all come with it if you order the wired version.

4. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

5. geekindisguise thread starter macrumors 6502

geekindisguise

What!!

WHY? I am always using the Keypad on my keyboard! I couldn't stand having no keypad. Gosh... Well then why did they still have the wired keyboard that has the keypad? They should get rid of it if they don't have those anymore.
    The reason I went there today was to help my grandpa shop for a new mac. And he is going to be getting one soon. But I don't think he is gonna like the no keypad thing. Wow! just wow. Who would make a keyboard with no keypad? What is wrong with them? hmph.... :(

6. geekindisguise thread starter macrumors 6502

geekindisguise

Ohh! Woops. I see on Apple.com that they are selling both. Silly me. :D So if you buy a new mac, can you choose which keyboard you want?

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah boss, you can even get the bluetooth one for an additional fee.